Tuesday, May 11, 2010

When Crawling Feels Like Running

(Before reading this, you have to get the "Chariots of Fire" theme music in your head.... Okay, got it? Read on.)

I just tripped and fell after a long workout on my Nustep. In order to get back to my feet I had to crawl to the bathroom and get up by pushing onto the toilet. AND it was about 50% easier than when I wasn't working out! I felt like a champion... Like that slow-motion scene of triumph in Chariots of Fire.

Some people train to run a marathon.
I'm doing that, too. It's just that the race course is different and it involves a different means of locomotion; but, damn if I'm not running a heckuva race. :)

Is it too weird to picture this as a scene of triumph rather than one of tragedy? If so, then it's good to be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment