Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sabbatical



A post that's mainly meant as a record of a "conversation" with God, so that I don't forget, as I am SO prone to do.

Dear Lynna,

Please stop fighting this time of rest. I know you are scared that I've forgotten you and that you will never have meaningful work again, but you are never away from my mind and my heart. Could you try to see this time as a gift of love from me to you? You've served me well and I'm proud of you.

This time that you see as the wilderness, I see as a vacation for a
valued servant. Relax on your porch with a good book, enjoy this beautiful Spring, listen to the birds, find healing for your heart. I have plans for your future, and you are so wise to be exercising and getting healthier to be ready to embrace that future. That's exactly what I want you to do right now.

Look at this as a resting point on the journey... Docking to mend the sails, to replenish the stores, and to study the navigational maps. When the time is right, we will sail again for distant shores. You with a stronger, healthier body. Thank you for this act of faith... for believing in Me enough to believe that you are not forgotten, that you have a future, and that I don't look at you the way the world does.

Love from Your Dad,
God

No comments:

Post a Comment