Thursday, December 30, 2010

Retrospective

A Recap of a MOST interesting year:

Extreme challenges to my faith in community. Still reeling here. Still healing. Still assessing and learning.

Quit one job. Let go from another. Major challenges to my vision of who I am and the work that God has for me to do in the world. Still reeling. Still healing. Still assessing and learning.


First trip out off the country. LOVED THE ADVENTURE! (Serious travel lust has emerged.)

Speaking of lust: Major attraction to a wonderful man... a wonderful *MARRIED* man. Wrestled the attraction and pinned it to the mat. (Hey, at least I know I am still alive!)


Re-gained abilities to: roll over in bed, get off the ground with out calling the fire department... basically, every physical function of my entire life became about 50% easier. It's kind of hard to assess, but I know that so many things that I formerly had to think about, I now do without having to pay attention, just autopilot.


First time in ten years I've wanted to gaze at myself in a mirror
Saw sexy collar bones emerge
Wore skirts and tights (even a denim mini-skirt and looked damned good!)
Bought cute shoes and ankle boots (no more basic black Maryjanes!)
Got hilights in my hair. Love.

Income level dropped by 66% (hey, it was kinda cool being poor back in college. I'm re-visiting my 20 year-old self!)

Exercise level increased by some huge percentage (from zero minutes/day to between 60 and 120 PER DAY!) LOVE this! Exercising has become a MAJOR joy.


Lost 200 sticks of butter (my family's way of describing weight loss... 4 sticks of butter is equivalent to one pound. Do the math..)
(I think I might go to the grocery today and visualize 50 packages of butter. Would people think it strange if I tied them onto my body to get the full visual?)

2010: You have been one of the more interesting years of my life. I'm grateful to have known you. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to learn from all the lessons you brought my way, but I'm sure 2011 will be an apt teacher, too.

Here's to another year of learning and growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment