Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mid-January Already?

Wow,I sat down two weeks ago, on New Year's Day, to draft a much more detailed and goal-oriented "Bucket List" (about 20 items long with detailed, week-by-week plans for achieving progress in each area) and all I can say is "fasten seatbelts, please!"

It was as though that process of being intentional about goals/dreams/plans unleashed the forces of the Universe to move. Doors are opening for ministry opportunity at a pace that I love. (I HATE WAITING. How much do I hate waiting? So much that if waiting was a stuffed animal, I would rip off its eyes and rip open its guts and stomp on the foam batting while laughing maniacally. I'd then take that batting and use it for cat litter. And then I'd clean the litter box and douse the waste with gasoline and cackle (maniacally again)as I toss a match onto the putrid flaming mess. And then I'd take the ashes and... and... and... oh shoot, I just lost my imagination... but, trust me, I'd do something really vile and disgusting with the ashes, too.) Huh, what was I writing about before I left for that wonderful place in my mind, the land of "Make Waiting Suffer"?

Ahh, yes, I was talking about things moving along at a much more enjoyable pace. (Is it okay to say "About damned time!" to God? No, I didn't think so. That's why I didn't say that. Thought it, but that doesn't count, right? Oh, thoughts count? Well, apparently God can take my cheekiness. Heck if God can deal with my impatience, a little impertinence must be a piece of cake.(I can picture God sighing and saying, "I'm gonna let that one slide. The poor dear spends so much time in "time out", I just don't have the heart to send her there again.")

What in the heck is this blog post about? Ahh, yes, things moving along. And now, I'm too emotionally exhausted to write about that. What?... after disemboweling my stuffed animal named "Wait" and duking it out with the Great I AM, you expect me to have energy to write???? I think not!

If you've read to the end of this post, and come back tomorrow, all I can say is, God bless you.

Peace,
Lynna

No comments:

Post a Comment