Saturday, May 14, 2011

Dare I Dare?

Dating, as I understand it, is difficult for most divorced, middle-aged individuals who begin entering the male-female relationship arena after decades of being removed from the game.

That is certainly no less difficult (she says with irony)for a divorced, middle-aged wheelchair user.

While waiting for our table at nice restaurant tonight, my friend and I got a glass of wine and waited in the bar area. AND, a very physically fit, uber-ablebodied man struck up a conversation with me.

It was only later, when Sally pointed out his interest, that I realized he had been angling to get my phone number. It was almost comical how inept I was at recognizing the signals he was sending. Life was definitely less complicated in this regard when I was seriously overweight and never had these kinds of issues to process.

As Helen Keller once said, "Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all."

Not sure if I am up to this daring adventure into which I seem to be swept!

1 comment: