Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wonder What They'll Say at 100 Pounds Lost

I haven't weighed myself since I began this journey. I know what my starting weight was, roughtly, and I know a mid-way number obtained in February through participating in a research project that required a weigh-in. Aside from that,the numbers on the scales have been a non-existent factor. AND I LOVE THAT! I have lost over 80 pounds without being a slave to a number on a digital read-out.

I suggest, however, that there is a way to tell how much weight has been lost according to this scale. I call it the "Comments Scale".

20 Pounds Lost: You look good. Are you dieting.
45 Pounds Lost: You look Great!
60 Pounds Lost: You look Amazing!
80 Pounds Lost: You look Stunning, Gorgeous, Wow!

People, you had me at "great". hehe

I just got home from a shopping trip for makeup,lotion, lingerie, and cosmetics. It is so much fun indulging in "girly" stuff, feeling beautiful, and rolling through the stores feeling attractive and confident.

I didn't know what I had been missing, and believing I could never feel this way again, I had put beauty aside, convincing myself that life was full enough taking care of other people and loving and being loved as a very overweight woman.

That was ok, and, yes, an obese woman can lead a full and productive life. (If she is healthy, which I was increasingly not!)However, I've been there, and I'm now here, and here is infinitely more fun and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment