Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Math Skills Need Polishing!

I have embarked on this journey without weighing myself the first time. Knowing my propensity to measure success or failure by a digital readout, I had NO desire to be enslaved to that tyranny.

A couple of weeks ago, however, I participated in a research study that involved taking my weight which was recorded in kilograms. I did a quick math calculation in my head and realized I was just a smidge over 200 pounds.

Here's the thing, though, I MISCALCULATED.

Now, I won't keep you in suspense... it was a wonderfully, wonderful miscalculation, as the real number is 187.(I emailed the researcher just to be sure I wasn't delusional!) YES!!! Not only have I dropped into the 100's but I am seriously below the 200 mark!!!

All along, I've been estimating my weight loss. I'm pretty sure I started in the 260 range. (Based on my previous experience with Weight Watchers and knowing how my clothes fit at my last measured weight of 250, I'm very confident that 260 is about right, maybe even a little low.)

That means I have lost in the neighborhood of 70 freakin' pounds. Holy cow! Holy cow! Holy cow!

For over a decade, I have despaired of ever being healthy and fit, and it is quite amazing to be in this place of having lost EVEN MORE weight than I thought I had lost. I'm psyched for the next leg of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment