Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who Needs Friends Like This?

My friend P.has been the BEST accountability partner ever. She has faithfully read this blog for almost two years now. (That in itself is a stunning act of loyalty!) Every time I've written about feeling deflated, she has been there with an encouraging word. She believes in ME! She believes in my fitness quest, and she even calls me a "writer". (Oh, how I love this woman!) When she prays with me, it is as though she has inserted herself into my soul and offers it up to God. Truly astonishing.

All of that makes what I am about to write about her stunning act of betrayal all the more... well... stunning.

P., seemingly being a good friend, gave me a bar of "friendship" soap for Christmas. Handmade soap that smells like heaven. Here's the problem, though... EVERY TIME I take a shower, smelling the scent of cloves, I have an insane desire for glazed ham. I can see it sitting on a platter, all succulent and covered with pineapple rings and bright little red dots of maraschino cherries. It's surrounded by heaping bowls of potato salad, baked beans, deviled eggs. Once a day, thanks to (evil) P., I have to wrestle this insane desire for baked pork.

As if that's not bad enough, I suspect that when I leave my house and go into public, the light scent of cloves that wafts from my body triggers other peoples' desires, too. I wonder in Honey Baked Ham sees an upsurge in business on the days that I am in public?

I never knew that taking a shower could be such a dangerous trigger!

Beware, people, beware. Evil can be disguised as a sweet little Christmas gift from a "friend" and accountability partner!

(P: You know I'm kidding, right? You are the BEST! And when I get to goal weight, you ARE SO going to cook me a glazed ham for the torture you have put me through! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment