Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bathing Suit!

One of my favorite memories is a shopping expedition (and I DO mean expedition!) for a bathing suit when my daughter was about 5. She loved pulling the most flamboyant suits from the racks for my perusal (she still has that Bohemian flair!)and I told her, "Kelly, Mommy prefers simple black suits because they are slimming."

While in the fitting room, I looked over at her to see her little nose wrinkled and a most quizzical expression on her face. "Mommy, I thought you said black would make you look skinny." Mommies aren't supposed to lie to their little girls!

This past weekend during one of my "junking forays" at thrift stores, the PERFECT bathing suit launched from the rack into my arms. Perfect size (14), perfect style(halter neck, flirty skirt), perfect color( black/white/silver hibiscus print), perfect condition (not sure it has ever been worn!)... I loved every bit of that bathing suit, and took it home for a mere three bucks. (In my former life, I spent big bucks for a bathing suit and only after trying on about 30 to find one that suited.)I was delighted to try it on at home to find that it fit perfectly, and I'll be darned if it didn't look darned good (and slimming, Kelly!)

I wore it outside today for sunning on my back deck on a beautiful sunny day (after a week of cold rain), and began dreaming of trips to the lake this summer.

After about a decade of being too embarrassed to wear a bathing suit, I am ready to enjoy this summer and can't wait to go swimming! My legs are getting stronger as I lose weight and exercise, and I believe that which was impossible before will now be very do-able!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment