Monday, March 21, 2011

My Sweet Boy

Jeff had the day off work today... and like most 22 year-old boys with Spring fever, he had one thing on his brain: to go to Home Depot to buy flowers to plant in his mother's window boxes! (Yep, that's my boy! Made his mother very happy and proud!)

While he planted them on the back deck, I worked feverishly to clean the screened porch that was sadly bedraggled and dirty after a winter of neglect. The neighbors threw ball for our black Lab (you can't imagine how much joy that brings this particular retriever), the sun shone beautifully, and, it was one of those days that just feels happy.

Here's what it all looked like at the end of the day:


Another View:


And finally, the "happy flags" I made last summer:



Saving the best for last: Here's a picture of Jeff and the animals taking a late afternoon siesta after a fun day working and playing in the sun: (picture quality not great... black Lab, white cat, snoozing boy... just out of camera-range, snoozing gray cat on coffee table... as restful a scene as I've ever seen!)



Son just left for grocery to get ingredients to make Chicken Parmesan.Daughter told me she plans to move home for the summer (woot!)

This had been an A+ day. Wellness abounds. (Thank you God for all this grace. I love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment