Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Goosepoop: Just a Small Price to Pay

When my kids were young, we loved to go to the playground at the river, except for one little problem: the river is an over-wintering spot for all manner of waterfowl, particularly large Canadian Geese. Large geese who eat alot and... well... crap alot. My kids would beg to go to "Goosepoop Park".

I was reminded of that GRAPHICALLY while rolling down the trail. Happily in the rhythm, pushing against the rubber tire and metal rim of my wheels, feeling the burn, enjoying the exertion, all of a sudden, I FELT something wet, cold, gooey and oh, so green against the palm of my hand. (Yes it felt green. And, indeed it was.) The hazards of wheelchair rolling... if you don't pay attention and roll over goosepoop (or decaying voles deposited at the kitchen door by the cats), it is gonna translate into a handful of gross.

Adding hand-sanitizer to my workout bag! But it's worth it. Very, very worth it! A handful of goosepoop is nothing compared to the joy of being athletic for the first time in a decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment