Friday, April 1, 2011

Recap of the Past Week

I've had an amazingly healthy week of great food choices, liberal amounts of exercise, fresh air, productivity, creativity and fun. I'm Nustepping twice a day, exercising in bed for about 45 minutes (and really beginning to see muscle definition!)and am beginning to exercise on my feet (a bit) which may not be the best option due to safety concerns. I stand by my dresser and "march", right leg up, left leg up. Left leg rebelled, tho, and collapsed beneath me and I fell. Right foot wedged beneath the dresser and I had to lift the heavy thing to get loose to crawl to the bathroom to get up by climbing onto the toilet.

The "old me" would have had some despair that so simple a movement would be so awkward and dangerous. The "new me" said, "I need to be more careful and take it a bit more slowly. Let's see what else I can do to more safely exercise those same muscles." One of the new things I am doing is to stand up repeatedly from my wheelchair or the side of the bed. I feel strong and athletic being able to do this simple movement that was so difficult a few months ago.

This wellness journey is becoming more and more amazing and life giving.

As I'm transitioning from Medifast to whole foods, I'm delighted by the vast array of wonderful food that God has created.

This past week, here is what I ate:


Restaurant Food:
Apple Pecan Salad from Wendy's
(Wow! Only one meal eaten out!!!)

Vegetables:
Spinach
Mushrooms
Celery
Cauliflower
Sweet Potato
Green Pepper
Tomato
Cabbage
Onion


Fruit:
Orange
Bananas
Blueberries
Pear
Clementines

Oatmeal 4
Multigrain Cheerios 2
Rice

Skim Milk
Plain Yogurt
Mozzarella cheese
1% Cottage Cheese

Meat:
Pork Chop
Ground Beef
Skinless Chicken Breast (2)
Eggs

Condiments:
Garlic
Olive Oil
Flax Seed
Chow Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment