Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It is Well With My Soul



I consider myself blessed beyond measure to have a paved walking trail along this beautiful river about a mile from my home.

Feeling very disquieted in my soul, I was drawn to the peaceful place to recalibrate. As I rolled along the trail, listening to birdsong, observing purple wildflowers that were not blooming a week ago, and dew-glistening spiderwebs, I felt the cares fall away and peace descend.

I was also reminded that other people do not define truth for me and about me. They can certainly affirm what is true, but if their vision runs counter to truth, then it is just background noise. I must not invest my worth or value in another's opinion... ever. (Remember that, please, Lynna!)

I was reminded that I am beautiful, strong, powerful, graceful and a courageous risk-taker. I was reminded that sometimes paths don't lead where we think and we don't have a whole heckuva lot of control. The journey leads where the journey leads. And I was reminded that something worse than hearing "no" after taking a risk, is to never have risked the possibility of the "yes". Taking risks, healthy risks, that is, is an advanced practice of faith, and always leads to growth. Maybe pain, too. But that's the way of it.

And I was reminded that all manner of things shall be well because there is a loving force holding all of Creation and ordering it for love's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment